Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday's Thought

While I was reading Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk "The Power of Covenants" this scripture really stood out to me:

"...willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice..." D&C 97:8

Sacrifice implies an awful lot. So, I had to stop and ponder...

Am I willing to sacrifice to keep my covenants? to obey the Lord's commands? Do I jump in whole-heartedly - with both feet? Am I going for the "A"?

No, I'm sorry to say ... I think ... I'm often guilty of more of a ... half-hearted attempt ... doing just enough "to pass." Sorta skating by.

Now, don't get me wrong. Just passing might be really great for some people, it might be all they can do, their best effort. But, I don't think I fall into that category. I could do better. I need to do better. I want to get an A. I want to graduate with honors.

And that made me think of another quote, this one from Lawrence E. Corbridge's talk "The Way":

"He paid the price of our education." meaning the Lord, of course.

So, not only am I away at school, getting an education, I'm here on scholarship. I'm here on scholarship and I've been slackin off. Time to repent and get back to work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails