Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

From latterdaylight.com

A member of our High Priest's Group is a rancher, and tells this story:

A Department of Water Resources representative stopped at my ranch. He told him, "I need to inspect your ranch for your water allocation."

I simply told him, "Okay, but stay out of my alfalpha field over there."

The Water Rep said, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government behind me. See this card? Take a good look at it. This card means I am allowed to go anywhere I want, on any agricultural land, in any territory, no questions asked. Have I made myself clear?"

I merely nodded my head politely and went about my chores.

It was not long and I heard loud screams. I saw the Water Rep running for his life. Close behind was my ill-tempered Brahma bull.

So just before my bull clobbered the Rep, I threw down my tools, ran to the fence, and yelled at the top of my lungs, "YOUR CARD! SHOW HIM YOUR CARD!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails