Friday, January 7, 2011

Journal Jar #6

I've been thinking about this one a lot. I wanted to write something because I feel it's an important topic, but, I wasn't sure how to go about it. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've been a member of the church my whole life. I don't recall a specific conversion event. But, I have had lots of "aha!" moments in my life when gospel principles finally made sense or sank in for me.
I believe we gain our testimonies one principle at a time, usually through very personal circumstances. (Some of my best lessons were hard lessons.) It's extremely rare for me to go up to the pulpit on a Fast and Testimony Sunday and share my feelings. I'm kind of a private person. And, it's so easy to talk myself out of it.  But, I currently teach Relief Society lessons to the adult women on the 3rd Sunday of every month. And, I try to bear testimony of the principles I teach every time I give a lesson. I'll even share private moments if I feel it contributes to the lesson.



This topic was chosen by Toni
Verda, Jalaire, Melanie, Mia, Sandi, Teri

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails