Friday, April 20, 2012

Thursday on my way to work I saw...

this big ol rusty pipe
it was travelling along Grand Ave with me.  It was nice enough to turn all the lights green.  I took its picture.  Turns out its not just a rusty ol pipe.  Its one of the guns off of the USS Arizona.  I knew it was coming, but wasn't sure that was it.  I took the picture to show the guys at work.  They helped the dumb girl identify the rusty ol object.  They were duly impressed with my guessing abilities.

Then there was a ceremony at the Capitol for the two big rusty pipes guns.  One from the Arizona one from the Missouri.  They mentioned something about the beginning and the end of the war.  But I wasn't paying THAT close attention.  You'll have to look it up yourself.  Or maybe you just know.

I was almost close enough to see the Governor.  She's wearing red.  No, not the one in the khaki short the other one.  Way in the back, you can almost see her head.

I only took this next picture because the guys at work like to look at the big toys machines and not all of them had time to walk down for the ceremony.  'Cause some of us actually work.  Novel.

This picture is a little better.  You can see the bullets shells pointy things they shot out of the guns if you look really close.  On the bed with the Arizona gun.

One of those guys sitting under the camoflauge?  It was his job to load the gun on the Missouri.  Cool huh?
Sometimes working for the State is just amazing!  The guns will become a permanent part of the Memorials at Wesley Bolin Plaza on a special date in December.  You know the one I mean.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails