Saturday, September 27, 2008

Endorphins - the free happy drug

Elle Woods once said, "Because laughing gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy and happy people do not kill there husbands." Okay, the twins will see the flaw here, and immediately point it out. She actually said "exercise gives you endorphins," but seriously, why would I exercise when I could just laugh and get the same benefit?

My father used to say things to us kids that we would totally accept as the absolute truth. For example: He got in a car accident one time and told us the circus was in town and an elephant had sat on his car. Totally bought it! And when mustaches were in - and his disappeared one day - he told us it went down the drain. Really? Of course technically that was true.

He also would sing silly songs to us. Sometimes we would find out that it was a real song and other people would actually know the song. And it had words! Not just silly sounds. This is what I heard:

Mairsy dotes
And dosey dotes
And liddle lamsy divey
A kid duldee divey too
Wouldn't you?

I had no idea how to answer this question. Did I want to duldee divey? No clue. Come to find out the words go like this:

Mares eat oats
And does eat oats
And little lambs eat ivy
A kid'll eat ivy, too
Wouldn't you?

Not so fun to sing anymore when you know the real words. bummer

Here's a video of another song he used to sing. I Am My Own Grandpa. Talk about being confused! How does this work exactly. Apparently my father only knew a very small part of this song. But the video made me laugh and I had to send it to all my sisters. Now I'm sharing it with you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails