Monday, April 6, 2009

Missionary Monday

Actually, I don't have any missionary news to share. Andrew did send us a REALLY great conversion story about Mama Mathe's father-in-law, who was a Zulu warrior, but they are trying to get it published in the Ensign so I can't share it with you :( But if it gets published just KNOW that I read it first! lol

Instead here are some Zulu words for you:
Sawubonani = Welcome
Hambe Kahle = Go well (sorta like goodbye)
Andrew's Zulu name is Ubhejane, which means rhinocerous. It was given to him by a Zulu family. Apparently that's how he plays soccer - like a big American football player barging his way through with no finesse! lol Makes me want to watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

.
And here's a story from Pres. & Sis. Mann's blog about the youth in Richard's Bay on their very first ever temple trip. The Bro. and Sis. Bartholomew who took the youth on the trip are the same ones who called me when Andrew reached his first area. Wasn't that thoughtful?

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

When you were talking about Andrew playing soccer like a Rhino it TOTALLY reminded me of Bedknobs & Broomsticks too! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails