Sunday, February 20, 2011

Note to our Missionary

Did you know Sis. Dovetta Bowler? She passed away last night. They had taken Bro. Bowler to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well and while they were running tests on Bro. Bowler they said to Sis. Bowler, "you don't look so good." She had a heart attack and died. They dedicated the practice song to her in Relief Society today. I got all choked up and had to leave the room. I think they panicked for a minute because it was my turn to teach the lesson.
We had two baptisms in our ward this week. One was the father in a part member family. I don't know them. The other one is our next-door neighbor, Nate.  Maybe you know him? He remembers the twins. Anyway, he goes to highschool with and was befriended by Charlie and Phillip and a bunch of the guys. They all came to his baptism, like 15 of them, not all members either. It was really cool.  Andrew and I went to his baptism. They had Andrew stand up and welcome him into the ward YM.
I can't believe you've reached your 1 year mark! It's going by quickly. I think you're awesome.
Love Mom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails