Thursday, March 31, 2011

All the Places I'd like to Visit

Blog Challenge:  Actually, my favorite kind of vacation is to stay home and do nothing.  BUT, I have always wanted to go and see some really cool Architecture.

This is the Pantheon.  See that hole in the roof.  That's called an Oculus.  It means "eye to the sky."  Pretty cool, huh?

And who doesn't want to see the Pyramids in Gizah?

Did you know they do Sound of Music tours?  Wouldn't that be fun?

I want to go to Russia and see the onion domes.

The Sydney Opera House

The Taj Mahal

I want to walk or drive down the street and see these Boston Brownstones near Boston Common.

Do you think they'd let me dump tea in Boston Harbour?

Mayan Ruins in Central America.  These are Tikal and Copan, but I'm not picky I'd see any of them.

It would be fun to watch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.

Gloucester Cathedral or any British or European cathedrals, for that matter.

Big Ben and Westminster

The Arc de Triomphe

The Eiffel Tower

Notre Dame Cathedral

The Louvre

The Colosseum

The leaning Tower of Pisa

Venice's canals

Kilkenny Castle in Ireland or any castles really

and the Great Wall of China

What places of great architecture did I miss?  Where would you like to go?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails