Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Missionary News - Kelly

I just love that you felt the need to write and tell me that you made banana bread NONE of which will be coming my way lol.
The difference in the times at the CTM is because some are on a trial of 6 weeks. They were (and maybe still are) doing an experiment to see if they cut the time by a third, how the missionaries would do. I will be in the CTM for a total of 9 weeks, but starting in January Portuguese learners will only be there for 6. English Speakers going English Speaking will only be in the CTM for 13 days instead of 20. Languages that take 12 weeks normally are now 8 weeks. ETC......
There is a store across the street that caters to the Dear Elder service, but I don't know if Mr. Cheney is a member. The lady who runs the service there is a member and she speaks English fluently.
Taylor Stinnett just left the CTM for Rio de Janeiro on Monday morning. I have some pictures and I'll try and send them once I get out of the CTM.
We had our first baptism last Saturday. His name is Adriano. I'll try and send a picture of him too. We're having another baptism this Saturday. I think he's going to ask me to sing a special musical number.
My Branch President is Pretty Much AWESOME! He speaks English really well, AND he gave us chocolate for Christmas.
Teaching the gospel in another language is hard. Seriously. Half the time I don't even know what I'm saying let alone what they're saying to me.
By Mother's Day I will have been in the field for 4 months. My goal is to be able to explain any gospel topic COMPLETELY IN PORTUGUES by then. So when I call someone ask me a question about the gospel, ANY subject, and I will explain it to you in Portugues.
Lots of Love
Sister Mendenhall

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails